Why Registration Can Be as Scary as Halloween
Sure, Halloween can be scary. Ghosts, goblins, people who think fruit is a treat, Christmas decorations that are already on display… All of it can give us nightmares. But in the world of registration management, some things are just as scary as Halloween. Worse, they are scary 365 days a year.
Here’s a by-no-means comprehensive list of scary facts about registration management we seek to change:
- Some organizations still rely on .pdfs and spreadsheets to handle class registration.
- Others manage registration using an Access database developed when The Sopranos was still producing new episodes.
- There is a rumor that, somewhere in a western state that ends in a vowel, a fax machine is still being used to accept registrations. The horror.
- Some programs have registration software that cannot handle group registration. Chilling.
- There are, walking among us, class coordinators and trainers who still must create attendance certificates one by one. They don’t have registration software that can do the work for them.
- Some of those same frightened individuals still have no choice but to print out certificates rather than have software to automatically email the customized results for them.
- It’s scary how hard it can be to set up a registration form with linked questions when an administrator doesn’t have robust registration management software.
- Some organizations managing registration programs still wait for their software provider to mail them a check for card-generated revenue, rather than receiving payment directly into their own account. Yikes.
- Some organizations have no way to let trainees and students access their own histories of registration, attendance, and continuing education.
- It’s scary when the only way to mark attendance is by printing out an old-fashioned sign-in sheet.
- The pricing model for other registration software is so complex it takes three CPAs and an abacus to budget for registration software.
If we give any more examples, we’ll have nightmares into next week. We need our beauty sleep because there are artificial trees to put up and decorate. But if you want to explore software that takes the fright out of managing class and training registration, we’re ready to talk.